Financial Summary – Third Quarter Fiscal 2012
- Net revenue of $178.6 million, compared to $206.6 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2011
- Gross margin, as a percentage of revenue, of 8.6%, compared to 9.5% in the third quarter of fiscal 2011
- Operating loss of $11.0 million, compared to operating loss of $2.2 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2011
- Non-GAAP operating loss of $4.2 million, compared to non-GAAP operating income of $3.7 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2011
Consolidated Financial Results – Third Quarter Fiscal 2012
ModusLink reported net revenue of $178.6 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2012, a decrease of 13.6%, compared to net revenue of $206.6 million reported in the third quarter of fiscal 2011. The decline in revenue was primarily due to client-specific conditions previously disclosed by the Company as well as the economic environment, especially in Europe.
Revenue from new programs in the third quarter of fiscal 2012 was $21.1 million, compared to $20.9 million in the same period in fiscal 2011. (1)Gross profit for the third quarter of fiscal 2012 was $15.4 million, or 8.6% of revenue, compared to $19.7 million, or 9.5% of revenue, in the third quarter of fiscal 2011. The decrease in gross margin as a percentage of revenue was primarily due to lower revenue. Included in the Company’s operating results for the third quarter of fiscal 2012 were SG&A expenses of $23.5 million, compared to $20.8 million in the same quarter of fiscal 2011. The increase in SG&A was primarily due to professional fees related to the Company’s evaluation of strategic alternatives, the previously disclosed SEC inquiry, planned investments in sales and marketing, and other expenses. ModusLink reported impairment of long-lived assets of $2.1 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2012. These non-cash charges primarily relate to a solution center in Europe that had experienced lower volumes from client programs managed in that facility, and its Tech for Less operations. Restructuring expenses for the third quarter of fiscal 2012 were $0.5 million related to the Company’s cost reduction initiatives.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV