ModusLink Global Solutions ™ Inc. (NASDAQ: MLNK) today filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) an annual report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended July 31, 2012, which includes a restatement of the Company’s financial statements for fiscal years 2009 through 2011 and unaudited selected financial data for fiscal years 2007 and 2008, as well as unaudited interim financial statements for the four fiscal quarters of each of 2010 and 2011, and the first two quarters of fiscal 2012. The Company also filed a Form 10-Q for the third quarter of fiscal 2012 ended April 30, 2012 and a Form 10-Q for the first quarter of fiscal 2013 ended October 31, 2012. With these filings, the Company has become current in its SEC reporting as required under NASDAQ Listing Rules.
Results of Restatement
The restated periods from fiscal 2007 through the first two quarters of fiscal 2012 include cumulative downward adjustments to revenue of $32.9 million, or 0.6% of restated aggregate revenue of $5.4 billion. These restated periods include cumulative downward adjustments to net income of $18.0 million on a restated aggregate net loss of $231.1 million, inclusive of $231.6 million of impairments related to goodwill and intangible assets. Details related to the restatement are contained in the Company’s Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended July 31, 2012, filed with the SEC earlier today.
“The restatement process took longer than we originally expected due to the volume of work involved and number of historical periods reviewed,” said Francis J. Jules, chairman of the board of directors of ModusLink Global Solutions. “We undertook a comprehensive process designed to ensure that our financial statements are accurate and are strengthening our financial controls to prevent this from reoccurring. We thank our shareholders for their patience as we worked to complete this necessary and extensive review.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV