A.M. Best believes that CAC is well positioned at its current rating level for the foreseeable future. However, downward rating pressures may occur should CAC experience unfavorable earnings or capital trends. Additionally, downward rating actions on CAC may occur should CCC experience a material decline in its financial strength.
While the ratings for CNA are stable, future positive rating actions may result if it outperforms its projections. However, negative rating actions could result if its operating performance falls markedly short of A.M. Best’s expectations.
The FSR of A (Excellent) and ICRs of “a” have been affirmed for the following property/casualty members of the CNA Insurance Companies:
- American Casualty Company of Reading, Pennsylvania
- Columbia Casualty Company
- Continental Casualty Company
- The Continental Insurance Company of New Jersey
- The Continental Insurance Company
- National Fire Insurance Company of Hartford
- North Rock Insurance Company Limited
- Transportation Insurance Company
- Valley Forge Insurance Company
The following debt ratings have been affirmed:
CNA Financial Corporation—
|--”bbb” on $550 million 5.85% senior unsecured notes, due 2014 (of which $549 million was outstanding as of September 30, 2012)|
|--”bbb” on $350 million 6.5% senior unsecured notes, due 2016|
|--”bbb” on $150 million 6.95% senior unsecured notes, due 2018|
|--”bbb” on $350 million 7.35% senior unsecured notes, due 2019|
|--”bbb” on $500 million 5.875% senior unsecured notes, due 2020|
|--”bbb” on $400 million 5.75% senior unsecured notes, due 2021|
--”bbb” on $250 million 7.25% senior unsecured debentures, due 2023 (of which $243 million was outstanding as of September 30, 2012)
CNA Financial Corporation—
|-- “bbb” on senior unsecured debt|
|-- “bbb-” on senior subordinated debt|
|-- “bb+” on junior subordinated debt|
|-- “bb+” on preferred stock|
CNA Financial Capital I, II and III—
|-- “bb+” on preferred securities|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV