The Plant 2 project is expected to take nearly three years to complete. Work in the water will be conducted through mid-February, and start again in early August, when juvenile salmon are not migrating. To optimize the limited work schedule, dredging will occur around the clock. Signs, buoys and other navigational aids will be used to keep boats away from work zones.
According to the EPA, cleanup of the five early-action sites along the 5-mile (8-kilometer) industrial waterway will reduce health risks by nearly 50 percent. In early 2013, the EPA is expected to publish the proposed plan for cleaning up the entire Lower Duwamish Waterway.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV