CF Industries (CF) is a manufacturer and distributor of nitrogen and phosphate fertilizer products in North America. Its principal products are ammonia, urea, urea ammonium nitrate solution, diammonium phosphate and monoammonium phosphate. This stock is trading up 1% at $219.51 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.35 million
Average Volume: 937,551
Volume % Change: 125%From a technical perspective, CF is trending higher here well above its 50-day moving average of $206.07 with above-average volume. This move has started to push shares of CF into breakout territory, since the stock has taken out some near-term overhead resistance at $218.50. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in CF as long as it's trending above today's low of $215.78 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above its three-month average action of 937,551 shares as bullish. If CF can maintain that trend, then this stock will have a great chance of tagging its next major overhead resistance levels at $225 to $226.04. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV