Another stock that's trending very close to triggering a near-term breakout trade is Velti Plc (VELT), which is a global provider of mobile marketing and advertising technology and solutions. This stock has been hammered by the bears during the last three months, with shares down by 34.6%.
If you look at the chart for Velti, you'll notice that this stock has been uptrending strongly for the last month and change, with shares soaring higher from its low of $3.07 to its recent high of $5.99 a share. During that uptrend, shares of VELT have been mostly making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. This stock has just started to bounce right off its 50-day moving average of $4.85 a share and it's quickly moving within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Market players should now look for long-biased trades in VELT if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance levels $5.38 to $5.99 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 1.8 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then VELT will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $6.50 to its 200-day moving average of $7.37 a share. Any high-volume move above those levels will then put $8 to $9 a share into range for VELT.Traders can look to buy VELT off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits close to some key near-term support at $4.70 to $4.46 share. One can also buy off strength once VELT clears those breakout levels with volume and then use a stop that sits just below its 50-day moving average of $4.85 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV