Another stock that's quickly moving within range of triggering a major breakout trade is Baidu (BIDU), which is a Chinese language Internet search provider. This company serves three types of online participants, which include users, customers and Baidu union members. This stock has started off 2013 with a hot start, since shares are up 13.6%.
If you take a look at the chart for Baidu, you'll notice that this stock has been uptrending strongly for the last month, with shares moving higher from its low of $85.96 to its recent high of $114.14. During that uptrend, shares of BIDU have been consistently making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That move has pushed BIDU within range of taking out its 200-day moving average of $115.92 a share, and it's within range of triggering a major breakout trade just above that level.
Market players should now look for long-biased trades in BIDU if it manages to break out above its 200-day at $115.92 a share and then once it clears more overhead resistance levels at $116.27 to $117.20 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that registers near or above its three-month average action of 4.9 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then BIDU will set up to retest or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $125 to $130 a share. Any high-volume move above those levels will then put $134.71 into focus for shares of BIDU.Traders can look to buy BIDU off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits just below some key near-term support at $110 to $109.65 a share. One could also buy off strength once BIDU clears those breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop that sits just below its 200-day moving average of $115.92 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV