One name that's trending very close to triggering a near-term breakout trade is Brightcove (BCOV), which is a global provider of cloud-based solutions for publishing and distributing professional digital media. This stock has been trashed by the sellers during the last six months, with shares off by 32%.
If you take a look at the chart for Brightcove, you'll notice that this stock has been downtrending badly for the last six months, with shares plunging from $15.25 a share to its recent low of $8.26 a share. During that downtrend, shares of BCOV have been consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, shares of BCOV have started to bounce off that $8.26 low and move within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Traders should now look for long-biased trades in BCOV if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at its 50-day moving average of $9.75 a share and above some more overhead resistance levels at $9.93 to $10.19 a share with high volume. Look for volume on that move that hits near or above its three-month average action of 364,070 shares. If that breakout hits soon, then BCOV will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $11.50 to $12.50 a share. Any high-volume move above those levels will then put $13.30 to $13.55 into focus for shares of BCOV.Traders can look to buy BCOV off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits right below some key near-term support levels at $9 to $8.86 a share. One could also buy BCOV off strength once it takes out those breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop that sits just below its 50-day moving average of $9.75 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV