Chrysler Town & Country And Dodge Grand Caravan Achieve Big Sales Increases For 2012, Sell More Than A Quarter Million Units Combined
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Dodge Grand Caravan is the best-selling minivan in United States with 141,648 units sold in 2012, a 28 percent increase over previous year
- Chrysler Town & Country sells 111,744 units in 2012, an 18 percent increase over previous year
- Chrysler Group LLC sold 253,392 minivans in 2012, a 23 percent increase, and nearly half of all minivans sold in the U.S. in 2012
- The creator of the minivan segment, Chrysler Group has innovated 78 minivan firsts since 1983
Chrysler Group LLC rang in the New Year taking the sales lead in the segment it created back in 1983. Dodge Grand Caravan was the best-selling minivan in the United States in 2012 with 141,648 units sold, a 28 percent increase from 2011. America's most awarded minivan, the refined Chrysler Town & Country, also saw a significant 18 percent increase in sales to 111,744 units. The Chrysler Group sold a combined total of 253,392 minivans, which accounts for almost half of the entire minivan segment's sales in the United States in 2012.
"We created the minivan segment in 1983, and have been listening to our customers and innovating ever since," said Joe Veltri, Vice President --Product Planning, Chrysler Group LLC. "With more than 78 minivan firsts, like our class-exclusive Super Stow 'n Go seating and new Blu-ray rear seat entertainment systems, we intend to stay at the top of the segment."
The 253,392 combined minivan sales is a 23 percent increase from the previous year, well above the 13 percent increase for the entire minivan segment in 2012.New on the Dodge and Chrysler minivans for the 2013 model year is a Blu-ray video system featuring segment-exclusive second- and third-row screens capable of playing two different DVDs at the same time. Nine-inch screens in the second and third rows feature four-times better resolution when compared with previous models and allow customers to watch their movies on Blu-ray or standard DVDs or play their High-Definition Media Interface (HDMI) gaming systems. This HD system also includes two USB ports, one HDMI port and 115-volt power inverter so that customers can charge their cell phones, MP3 players, laptops, tablets and gaming systems. The system also features a standard RCA input and 12-volt outlet. Two wireless headsets and a wireless remote allow the rear-seat passengers to enjoy their favorite video or gaming systems in the minivans' second and third rows without disrupting mom or dad in the front seats.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV