News Summary: Greek Gold Mine Savior Or Curse?
By the Associated Press
LODE OF CONTROVERSY: Supporters of a new mining project say it will create jobs and pour hundreds of millions into the local economy, as Greece struggles with a devastating financial crisis. Opponents argue it will pollute, wipe out forests and drive tourists away from a region of striking natural beauty.
RAISING HELLAS: Hellas Gold â¿¿ 95 percent owned by Canadian mining company Eldorado Gold Inc. â¿¿ holds mining licenses for an area covering 122 square miles.
DIGGING IN: Local residents have formed a protest committee hoping to stop work on the new mine and processing plant in the area.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV