Study Highlights Emerging Approaches To Medical Education In The Medical Device Sector
CHAPEL HILL, N.C., Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The medical education landscape is challenging for the medical device sector as organizations face a confluence of sometimes contradictory pressures. The device sector, and its education programs, is expanding into emerging markets while also facing tight budgets because of the medical device tax. Meanwhile, the role of technology continues to grow as medical education leaders search for effective new ways to engage healthcare practitioners.
To survive in this evolving environment, it's important for medical education groups to have appropriate staffing and investment levels that can drive growth in both emerging areas and the adoption of new technologies. Staffing and investment levels are key levers that influence the effectiveness of medical education groups.
To help inform medical education leaders on current approaches to medical education group size, service-levels, resources, and technology use, Best Practices®, LLC conducted a new study, " Professional Medical Education Excellence: Structures, Resources, Services & Performance Levels to Optimize Medical Device Education Groups." The study - which provides segments for both medical device and pharmaceutical participants - presents medical education leaders' perspective on current and future trends for staffing and investment.
The study also informs education leaders on trends in the use of technology for education, the presence of education in emerging markets and how education groups are allocating their budget.The research project found that on-demand Medical Education programs have proven popular in both pharma and device sectors as it offers busy physicians the flexibility to choose their timing for education. Almost 60 percent of the pharmaceutical segments' education programs in the past year were either on-demand or online Webcasts, according to the study This 85-page study covers the following topics:
- Organizational Fit & Geographic Focus
- Staffing Benchmarks & Program Trends
- Roles for Key Activities & Program Deployment
- Budget Benchmarks & Allocation Trends
- Trends & Directions
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV