Urban Innovation21 Awards $50K, Hosts Event For Participants Of Hill District Businesses Grant Competition
PITTSBURGH, Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- An awards ceremony to announce the winners of the Urban Innovation21 grant competition for Hill District Businesses will take place at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 17, at the Duquesne University Power Center.
This $50K is the first award of $275K that Urban Innovation21 plans this year for community-based and technology businesses.
Four months after the Hill District competition was launched, following a series of workshops and consultations, 43 entrepreneurs of the 62 who initially applied submitted their business plans to Urban Innovation21.
The Hill District is a predominantly African American community, where 40 percent of the residents live below poverty level."The number of participants shows that the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and strong in the Hill District," said William Generett Jr., president and CEO of Urban Innovation21. " We look forward to continue working with these businesses and to connect them to our region's economic success." At the event, 20 businesses will receive additional support:
- One will receive a $10,000 grant
- Six will receive $5,000 grants
- Three will receive technical assistance awards to launch crowdfunding efforts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV