“Dave Crompton is an experienced leader with the proven capability to not only operate large complex businesses, but also drive transformative change and accelerate growth,” Freeland said. “He has done an outstanding job leading teams to success and will be a major driver in leading the team to success into the future.”
In his seven years as Vice President and General Manager for MidRange, Crompton led the business through the highest investment cycle in new products and capacity expansion and also established new business segments and several new partnerships for Cummins. Crompton has been with Cummins for 25 years and has worked in the Engine Business for nearly his entire career. He has held functional roles in Sales and Marketing, Strategy and Planning, and Supply Chain Management. Crompton has also served as a General Manager for many core market segments within Cummins such as Komatsu, the Chrysler business and other key segments.
“With the strong leadership of Ed Pence and Dave Crompton in their new roles, along with the talented and committed global employees that comprise the Cummins Engine business, I am confident of our long term success,” Freeland said.
About CumminsCummins Inc., a global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins employs approximately 44,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of more than 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,500 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.85 billion on sales of $18.0 billion in 2011. Press releases can be found on the Web at www.cummins.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV