Brookwood And St. Vincent's Lose Trinity Appeal - Again
BIRMINGHAM, Ala., Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The State Court of Civil Appeals has denied the requests of Brookwood Medical Center and St. Vincent's Hospital and has refused to rehear their arguments against Trinity Medical Center's relocation.
Despite receiving a 5-0 ruling against them in late November, Brookwood Medical Center and St. Vincent's Hospital asked the court to rehear the case against Trinity's move to Highway 280. The Court responded to the requests with another decisive 'no.'
The lights on the hospital on Highway 280 will remain green. Additionally, the Court's order from November 30 remains in effect, directing Montgomery District Court Judge Jimmy Pool to enter a judgment in favor of the hospital's relocation.
"We appreciate the Court's decision today and we are delighted to take another important step forward in our relocation," said Trinity Medical Center CEO Keith Granger. "We are hopeful this will mark the end of the legal wrangling and the beginning of improved access to healthcare and the creation of thousands of new jobs."Even with court decisions piling up against them, Brookwood and St. Vincent's have one last opportunity to continue the delay of Trinity's relocation by requesting the consideration of the Alabama Supreme Court. "The need for a hospital along the 280 corridor is undeniable – even our competitors have testified that patients have died on Highway 280 trying to access medical care," added Granger. "The time for the senseless, wasteful delays to end is NOW." Contact: Leisha Harris 205-746-0551 SOURCE Trinity Medical Center
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV