HOUSTON, Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today awarded $125,000 to employees across the company for excellence in customer service as part of the company's Outperform Recognition Program. The company held a celebration at George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston.
Launched in June 2012, the Outperform Recognition Program invites eligible customers who are MileagePlus® members to nominate eligible employees for service at the airport, on the phone, on a flight, or at any other point in their experience with United and United Express. Employees from all work groups, including pilots, flight attendants, ramp and customer service employees, may be nominated.
The airline randomly selected 16 winning employees from more than 9,000 customer nominations submitted during the first four-month nomination period of the program.
"We're committed to recognizing and rewarding our co-workers when they do an excellent job for our customers. It's our job to provide our customers with the best experience possible when they're traveling with us," said Jeff Smisek, chairman, president and CEO of United. "The more than 9,000 nominations customers submitted are all great examples of co-workers who make it their priority to deliver outstanding travel experiences every day."Jane Doucette, a Houston-based flight attendant of 18 years, won the Grand Prize of $50,000 in cash for service she provided to customer Jonipher Kwong of Honolulu during a flight to Los Angeles this past summer. "I'm a big believer in recognizing people when they do great work. The more someone is recognized when they get it right, the better they'll perform," said Kwong. "Jane 'outperformed' during my flight from beginning to end – I felt the whole flight was all about me. She knew just how to personalize it."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV