NYSE Euronext (NYX) today announced NYSE Arca, its fully electronic U.S. equities market, continued to hold the leading position in Exchange Traded Products (ETPs) listings and exchange trading in 2012. NYSE Arca market makers provided the best bid or offer of any exchange, nearly 90% of the time, for all U.S. ETPs. NYSE Arca also maintained the highest level of market share amongst all ETP U.S. exchanges at over 20% for all of 2012.
In 2012, NYSE Arca listed nearly 150 new ETP products which included 116 ETFs, 23 ETNs and 8 ETVs from issuers expanding on investment themes in equities, commodities, and emerging markets. Actively managed transparent ETFs continued to see strong momentum representing over 16% of new ETP listings in 2012 up from 5% in 2011 while index-based ETFs were down approximately 50% from the nearly 300 new products in 2011. New issuers listing their first products on NYSE Arca in 2012 included: Exchange Traded Concepts; ArrowShares; BNP Paribas; Huntington Securities; and Pyxis.
At the end of 2012, there were 1,337 NYSE Arca-listed ETPs comprised of 1,048 ETFs, 208 ETNs, and 81 ETVs with combined assets under management of $1.28 trillion, an increase of 23% from December 2011. Exchange Traded Product industry-wide reached $1.35 trillion in assets under management, a 26% increase from December 2011.
“Our ETP issuers rely heavily on our innovative technology, consultative approach and expertise to help bring their products to market,” said Laura V. Morrison, Senior Vice President, Global Index and Exchange Traded Products Group, NYSE Euronext. “We look forward to continuing our legacy of providing ETP issuers the most compelling market structure for listing and trading their products in 2013 and beyond.”2013 Initiatives: For over 20 years, NYSE Euronext has paved the way for current and prospective issuers to bring their ETP products to market. To mark the 20th anniversary of the ETP industry, NYSE Euronext will host the following:
- On January 29, 2013, NYSE Euronext executives and distinguished guests will participate in several events including the NYSE Opening Bell which will highlight the maturation and innovation of the industry. State Street will ring the NYSE Closing Bell to celebrate the inaugural launch of SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust (NYSE Arca: SPY).
- NYSE Euronext will host a remote opening bell from the IndexUniverse Inside ETF conference, one of the largest industry events, on February 11, 2013 from Hollywood, Florida.
|Please follow us at:|
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts