Ultimately, it is Apple's customers who determine the success of the company, no matter how well the products are made. Apple's mission is to make the best products in the world, but that doesn't matter if no one is buying them. Consumers' tastes change very fast, sometimes almost at the blink of an eye. Their wallets, while sometimes seemingly never empty, do eventually close from time to time (shocking, I know).
I can't see Apple releasing iPads every six months as it tries to stave off competition, but then again I didn't expect the fourth-gen iPad in October. I'm sure Apple has a few tricks up its sleeve we don't know about. It would be wise to make sure these tricks turn into treats and not trash.
--Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York
>Contact by Email.Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV