Canada Beef Inc. Encouraged By Chinese Decision To List Additional Facilities
TORONTO, Jan. 11, 2013 /CNW/ - Canada Beef Inc. is very pleased that the Chinese government has finally agreed to provide certification to an additional four Canadian processing plants for export to that country. This announcement has come after continued efforts by the Canadian Government and Ministerial officials to expand commercial access to that market. Chinese market access is one of a number of key trade agreements achieved through the leadership of the federal Market Access Secretariat.
"From a Canadian beef brand, marketing and promotions perspective, we are pleased an increased number of exporters will now be eligible to ship to this promising and valued market," says Rob Meijer, President Canada Beef Inc. "Our reputation as a reliable supplier of high quality, premium grain fed beef is at the core of our Canadian beef brand promise to customers around the world. Being able to match demand with supply from a larger complement of federal abattoirs is one of the primary means to ensure Canada will be competitive internationally."
The Chinese market is highly valued to the Canadian beef and veal industry. Canada Beef Inc. has determined the market to potentially be worth upwards of $110 million under full market access. CBI is committed to working with producers, packers, and Canadian trade commissioners abroad to increase awareness of the Canadian beef brand, optimize the value for Canadian beef products, and continue to build strong relationships in China to ultimately increase demand for Canadian beef.
Canada Beef Inc. is the cattle producer-funded and run organization responsible for domestic and international beef and veal market development. It has offices in Canada, Mexico, Japan, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan and South Korea.SOURCE Canada Beef Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV