Ghana Gold Corporation Completes Corporate Restructuring And Appoints Robert Kirkcaldy As President And COO
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla., Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ghana Gold Corporation; (PINKSHEETS: GGCO) is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Robert Kirkcaldy as its New President and Chief Operating Officer (COO). Mr. Kirkcaldy will be responsible in managing the daily operations of Ghana Gold. Elaine Affleck will continue as Chairman of the Board and CEO of the Company.
In May of 2012, GGCO formalized a new direction for the company to focus on gold exploration and development in Ghana, West Africa. Ghana is a proven and gold abundant country. Ghana is among the top ten gold producing countries in the world and part of the original Africa " Gold Coast" containing many of the most desirable and prolific gold production areas known today.
The management of Ghana Gold Corp has spent much of the last year locking-up certain mining concessions with West African Project Consultants, Ltd for alluvial locations and hard rock mining concessions. The management of the Company is confident that its diligence and development of strategic relationships with government, local groups and the mining industry bodes well for exploration and development of these significant gold reserves.
Mr. Robert Kirkcaldy is a proven business leader with over 15 years experience on mining with a specific focus on international trade and business logistics."I am excited about the opportunity in Ghana to acquire reserves both in alluvial gold as well as hard rock drilling programs. The strategy will be to create immediate revenues with easier accessible alluvial production as our "Bread and Butter" while we develop targeted hard rock reserves," Mr. Robert Kirkcaldy commented. Management is strongly positioned within the country and committed to working in a socially and environmentally responsible manner.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV