Rebuilding Together, Lowe's Revitalize Homes As Part Of 18th Annual Kickoff To Rebuild Super Bowl Sanctioned Event
HGTV's Carter Oosterhouse and the Saints' Placekicker Garrett Hartley to Participate
WASHINGTON, Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Rebuilding Together, a Safe and Healthy Housing organization that believes Community Starts at Home, is hosting its 18th annual Kickoff to Rebuild event on February 1st in the Algiers neighborhood on the West Bank of New Orleans. Rebuilding Together and Lowe's will renovate 10 homes owned by low-income families. Garrett Hartley, placekicker for the New Orleans Saints, is also planning to attend and participate.
The only Super Bowl-sanctioned charity event on the West Bank, Kickoff to Rebuild brings community volunteers, past and present NFL players, national celebrities and local leaders together to rebuild homes and revitalize communities."Providing volunteers and funding in New Orleans will help preserve affordable homeownership and revitalize the community, which are vital to the missions of both Lowe's and Rebuilding Together," said Marshall Croom, chairman of Lowe's Charitable and Educational Foundation. "This neighborhood revitalization is an investment in our future leaders and in the communities Lowe's calls home." This year Rebuilding Together's Kickoff to Rebuild will feature three key components:
- Rebuilding and Repairing Homes - Rebuilding Together and Lowe's Heroes will rehabilitate the homes of 10 families in Algiers. These families, due to a fixed income or disability, cannot afford the critical home repairs they desperately need. Two-hundred Rebuilding Together volunteers will ensure that each family can continue to live in a safe and healthy home.
- Rebuilding Together is also partnering with Carter's Kids, a nonprofit organization founded by HGTV star Carter Oosterhouse, to build a new community playground.
- This year features the first annual Toolbelts+Tailgates competition. Professional and amateur tailgate chefs will grill up their best recipes and feed the 200 Rebuilding Together and Lowe's volunteers rebuilding low-income homes. Local dignitaries and celebrities will pick one tailgate chef to receive the Championship Tool Belt.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV