Jan. 11, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- The
electric skateboard rolled out the winner of ShowStoppers Launch.it, a pitch-event created to help entrepreneurs in the Eureka Park startup zone at the International CES raise early seed capital from Angel investors.
Intuitive Motion, the company that builds the Zboard, was the top choice at the new event, organized by
New York Angels
Consumer Electronics Association
, which produces the
. Supporting members of the event included
, the world-wide official deal management platform for angel investing; plus
Vegas Valley Angels
, CEO Pitch Coach
Intuitive Motion seeks
in funding, in addition to the more than
it raised on Kickstarter.
took second place at the standing-room only event, attended by more than 230 journalists, bloggers and investors. The startup holds a patent-pending technology called ClimaCon® that instantly cools and heats between 25 degrees F to 140 degrees F for diverse pain-relief applications.
Third place went to
, which digitally verifies military credentials for brands and government agencies, allowing men and women serving in the military to claim discounts and benefits.
, chairman of New York Angeles, the panel of judges chose what they deemed was the most investor-worthy startup from eight presenters – selected in turn from more than 25 companies that applied.
The five other presenters included:
- Brian R. Clark, founder and managing partner at CaneClark, a law firm specializing in securities law and venture finance, and a member of Vegas Valley Angels.
- Ian McNeil, co-founder and principal at Brennan Capital Partners, an independent venture capital and private equity firm, and a member of Vegas Valley Angels.
- Guy Kawasaki, co-founder of Alltop.com; founding partner at Garage Technology Ventures; and former chief evangelist of Apple. Kawasaki is the author of ten books, including Enchantment and the forthcoming APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur--How to Publish a Book.
- Larry Richenstein, managing director, Peak Ventures. The last startup he founded was Unwired Technology, the world's largest supplier of wireless headphones, which he sold in 2005.
- Jeffrey Silverman, partner, Laconia Ventures, an early stage venture capital firm. Silverman has over 20 years leadership positions in early stage media and technology companies.
"The venture funding and Angel communities know that the entrepreneurial future of consumer electronics is strong," said
, chairman of New York Angels and chief executive officer of Launch.it. "The eight finalists at the ShowStoppers Launch.it pitchfest all made very professional pitches for funding. Our Startup America partnership and having
as one the judges helped make the event a more recognized place for entrepreneurs to raise seed capital, then build and grow successful companies."
About CEAThe Consumer Electronics Association (CEA),
, is the preeminent trade association promoting growth in the
U.S. consumer electronics industry. More than 2,000 companies enjoy the benefits of CEA membership, including legislative advocacy, market research, technical training and education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA also owns and produces the International CES – The Global Stage for Innovation. All profits from CES are reinvested into CEA's industry services.
About ShowStoppersNow in its 20th year, ShowStoppers,
, is the global leader in producing press and business events spanning the US,
. Each event organizes product introductions, sneak previews and demonstrations for selected journalists, bloggers, industry and financial analysts, venture capitalists and business executives. Industry leaders, innovators and startups exhibit to help generate news coverage and product reviews, make new connections, promote brand, and open new markets. ShowStoppers produces events at CES, CTIA and Mobile World Congress, among others, and the official press events at IFA, NAB, Sandbox Summit and the CEA LineShow.
, is a self-publishing event news and social information management platform that "leaves no new product, service or idea behind," where companies use built-in social networking tools to engage directly with the media and consumers around the world. ShowStoppers works with LaunchIt to power a ShowStoppers-branded news service that is socially engaged, to better connect startups and industry leaders with consumers and journalists.
PresidentLaunch.it+1 516 225-7417