MetLife Inc Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (MET)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $3,186.00 million or 41.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.86%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, METLIFE INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for METLIFE INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 8.10%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -5.78% is significantly below that of the industry average.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. HOLIDAY SPECIAL: Let Jim Cramer show you every trade he is making in his $2.5 Million portfolio. Join now for 14-days FREE. Sign up today to get e-mail alerts before every trade
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts