Statement By LIUNA General President Terry O'Sullivan On The Resignation Of Secretary Of Labor Hilda Solis
WASHINGTON, Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- LIUNA is a longtime fan and friend of Hilda Solis. As the daughter of parents who worked in factories and benefited from being in a union, she truly understands the pride and dignity that accompanies earning a fair day's pay for a fair day's work. She understands the challenges working families face and as Labor Secretary, she set a tone of urgency in the mission of helping them succeed.
She restored "labor" to the Labor Department after a long period of inaction, implementing rules and safeguards to help make sure unscrupulous employers faced federal enforcement of workplace safety laws. She renewed the Labor Department's focus on ending wage and hour violations in the construction industry, where workers often fall prey to being under-paid or not paid at all. As the nation experienced high unemployment she made job training and unemployment insurance benefits a top priority. She personally visited training centers to highlight the importance of a qualified construction workforce.
Her commitment to workers, to immigrants, to those just entering the workforce and those struggling to re-enter it, has been her personal passion. She never forgot where she came from, the value of hard work or the people who do it.On behalf of the half-million members of LIUNA, I say thank you Hilda Solis for your devoted and tireless service as Labor Secretary. The lives of working people are better because of you. The half-million members of LIUNA – the Laborers' International Union of North America – are on the forefront of the construction industry, a powerhouse of workers who are proud to build America. SOURCE Laborers' International Union of North America
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV