AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BorgWarner (NYSE: BWA) supplies advanced technologies for the 2013 Green Car of the Year ®, the Ford Fusion, as well as four of the Green Car Journal's Top 5 for 2013 including the Dodge Dart Aero, Ford C-Max and Mazda CX-5 SkyACTIV. For these green powertrains, BorgWarner provides:
- Engine timing systems, cam-to-cam drives and HY-VO® transmission chains for precise, durable and quiet performance
- Cabin heaters to generate warmth quickly and efficiently
- Smart ignition systems for improved fuel economy, clean and efficient combustion and reliable engine operation
- Dual-clutch and control actuation modules for quick, seamless shifts without the "torque-interrupt" feeling of a manual or automated manual
- Turbochargers to enable engine downsizing for improved fuel economy and lower emissions
"From hybrids to extremely efficient combustion engines, BorgWarner's leading technologies help these powertrains give consumers what they crave: better fuel economy, lower emissions and improved performance," said James Verrier, President and Chief Executive Officer, BorgWarner. "BorgWarner is driven to develop breakthrough technologies that will lead us all to a greener future. We are pleased to contribute our advanced technologies to this year's most environmentally friendly cars."
About BorgWarner Auburn Hills, Michigan-based BorgWarner Inc. (NYSE: BWA) is a technology leader in highly engineered components and systems for powertrain applications worldwide. Operating manufacturing and technical facilities in 57 locations in 19 countries, the company develops products to improve fuel economy, reduce emissions and enhance performance. Customers include VW/Audi, Ford, Toyota, Renault/Nissan, General Motors, Hyundai/Kia, Daimler, Chrysler, Fiat, BMW, Honda, John Deere, PSA, and MAN. For more information, please visit borgwarner.com.
SOURCE BorgWarner Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV