Oil Market Update (January 8, 2012)
Capital cost for the project, which is expected to begin production around the end of 2017, is estimated at $14 billion, according to a press release. The platform is being designed for daily production of 150,000 barrels of oil.
Plains Exploration & Production (NYSE:PXP) plans to start drilling at a highly prospective play off the coast of Morocco.
It will make a $15-million cash payment to buy into the 2.7 million-acre Mazagan license area off the coast of Morocco. The company said an independent audit determined that the area may contain more than 7 billion barrels of prospective recoverable resources.
Plains will serve as operator of the license area outlined in the deal, subject to the approval of the Moroccan government. The company said it plans to drill at least two wells in the area by 2014.Oil Market Update (January 8, 2012) from Oil Investing News
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV