DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Continued aggressive pace of new Ford products creates need for largest U.S. hiring for salaried workers in more than 10 years
- Ford plans to hire 2,200 salaried workers in 2013 to fill jobs in such key areas as Product Development, Manufacturing and IT; recruiting through social media being expanded
- The hiring builds on the creation of more than 8,100 salaried and hourly jobs in the U.S. in 2012 – including 1,000 in-sourced hourly positions; Ford is more than halfway to its goal of creating 12,000 hourly jobs in the U.S. by 2015 to support new products and investment
Ford Motor Company plans to hire 2,200 salaried workers in the U.S. this year – the largest increase in new salaried workers in more than a decade – to support the continued aggressive pace of new Ford product introductions.
The hiring is in addition to the more than 8,100 combined hourly and salaried jobs Ford added in the U.S. in 2012, as the company increased production capacity and expanded Engineering, Manufacturing and other areas to meet the growing demand for its fuel-efficient, high-tech vehicles. Approximately 1,000 of these positions were hourly jobs brought back to Ford plants in the U.S. from other locations, including suppliers in Japan and Mexico.
The company now is more than halfway to the 12,000 new U.S. jobs it committed to deliver by 2015 as part of its 2011 contract with the United Auto Workers."Our One Ford plan is designed to create profitable growth, and our new hiring is a direct result of our plan working," said Joe Hinrichs, Ford president of The Americas. "As we expand our product lineup of fuel-efficient vehicles, we need more people in critical areas – such as in a range of engineering activities, vehicle production, computer software and other IT functions – to ensure we deliver the vehicles people want and value." Ford's U.S. hiring also will help support the company's global product momentum. Ford is committed to serving customers in all markets with a full family of vehicles offering the best in quality, fuel efficiency, safety, smart design and value.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV