- Wells Fargo reports fourth-quarter profit of 91 cents a share, beating the consensus estimate of 89 cents, according to data compiled by Bloomberg
- Excluding items, net income was $5.1 billion, beating an estimate of $4.82 billion.
- Net revenue came in at $21.9 billion, beating an estimate of $21.3 billion.
- Annual profits of $18.9 billion were a record for the bank.
- Net interest margin fell 10 basis points, missing some estimates.
- Core loans grew $47.7 billion versus the third quarter.
Wells Fargo Beats but Margin Pressure Continues
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.