7. Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ALXN): Engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of biologic therapeutic products in the United States, Europe, Latin America, Japan, and the Asia Pacific. Market cap at $19.49B, most recent closing price at $100.31.In Dec 2011: Reported EPS at 0.41 vs. estimate at 0.34 (surprise of 20.6%). In Mar 2012: Reported EPS at 0.45 vs. estimate at 0.39 (surprise of 15.4%). In Jun 2012: Reported EPS at 0.47 vs. estimate at 0.37 (surprise of 27%). In Sep 2012: Reported 0.6 vs. estimate at 0.47 (surprise of 27.7%. [Average earnings surprise at 22.68%].
8. Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (QCOR): Provides prescription drugs for central nervous system and inflammatory disorders. Market cap at $1.55B, most recent closing price at $26.47.In Dec 2011: Reported EPS at 0.47 vs. estimate at 0.42 (surprise of 11.9%). In Mar 2012: Reported EPS at 0.61 vs. estimate at 0.52 (surprise of 17.3%). In Jun 2012: Reported EPS at 0.69 vs. estimate at 0.64 (surprise of 7.8%). In Sep 2012: Reported 0.97 vs. estimate at 0.77 (surprise of 26%. [Average earnings surprise at 15.75%].
9. Charles River Laboratories International, Inc. (CRL): Provides research models and laboratory animal support expertise to help its global partners advance their research and drug development efforts. Market cap at $1.94B, most recent closing price at $39.91.In Dec 2011: Reported EPS at 0.69 vs. estimate at 0.56 (surprise of 23.2%). In Mar 2012: Reported EPS at 0.7 vs. estimate at 0.65 (surprise of 7.7%). In Jun 2012: Reported EPS at 0.75 vs. estimate at 0.66 (surprise of 13.6%). In Sep 2012: Reported 0.65 vs. estimate at 0.62 (surprise of 4.8%. [Average earnings surprise at 12.32%]. 10. Illumina Inc. (ILMN): Develops, manufactures, and markets integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and biological function. Market cap at $6.48B, most recent closing price at $52.53.In Dec 2011: Reported EPS at 0.35 vs. estimate at 0.31 (surprise of 12.9%). In Mar 2012: Reported EPS at 0.36 vs. estimate at 0.33 (surprise of 9.1%). In Jun 2012: Reported EPS at 0.4 vs. estimate at 0.37 (surprise of 8.1%). In Sep 2012: Reported 0.41 vs. estimate at 0.39 (surprise of 5.1%. [Average earnings surprise at 8.8%]. (List compiled by Rebecca Lipman)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV