3. Targacept, Inc. (TRGT): Engages in the design, discovery, and development of novel Neuronal Nicotinic Receptors (NNR) Therapeutics for the treatment of diseases and disorders of the central nervous system. Market cap at $160.99M, most recent closing price at $4.79.In Dec 2011: Reported EPS at -0.29 vs. estimate at -0.3 (surprise of 3.3%). In Mar 2012: Reported EPS at 0.07 vs. estimate at -0.25 (surprise of 128%). In Jun 2012: Reported EPS at 0.43 vs. estimate at 0.4 (surprise of 7.5%). In Sep 2012: Reported -0.24 vs. estimate at -0.41 (surprise of 41.5%. [Average earnings surprise at 45.07%].
10 Biotech Stocks With A History Of Beating Earning Expectations
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.