When you think of air delivery and freight services the two names that come to mind are FedEx (FDX) and United Parcel Service (UPS). With 3-month returns of 7.88%, this industry should be on your radar. Hopefully, a continuing economic recovery will keep fueling growth.
Although FedEx and UPS are performing very well, a potential gem hiding in the sector is CH Robinson Worldwide Inc (CHRW), which provides freight transportation services and logistic solutions around the world. CH Robinson offers superior returns on both assets and equity and is at a good value compared to its peers. The firm is also rewarding their investors with strong dividend growth.
Check out the metrics below that compare CH Robinson’s results to the industry average.
P/E – 23x vs. 38.8x
ROA – 20.20% vs. 8.22%
ROE – 34.90% vs. 22.45%
Dividend Growth (5yr) – 16.05% vs. .89%
Written by Kapitall’s Nick Sousa. Want to test out these investing ideas? Kapitall offers free practice portfolios.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV