The Cadillac ELR, a luxury coupe based on extended range electric technology, will be unveiled at the auto show. "It uses the technology of the Volt in a two-door Cadillac coupe," Hellwig said.
Production is scheduled to begin in late 2013 at GM's Detroit Hamtramck plant, which is also home to the Volt. The ELR is extended to be unveiled on Tuesday.
"The ELR will be in a class by itself, further proof of our commitment to electric vehicles and advanced technology," Mark Reuss, GM North America president, said in a prepared statement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV