Perhaps Chevrolet wanted to focus all its attention on its new Corvette, which will be unveiled at a special event on Sunday night, before the doors to the auto show open.
Corvette only sold 14,132 units in 2012, but "anytime there's a new Corvette, it's a big deal," Hellwig said. "It's not a high volume car, but it's a halo car for GM and a showcase for GM technology. Everybody knows the Corvette name."
Speaking to reporters, something he rarely does, at a gathering in Detroit on Wednesday, GM CEO Dan Akerson said of the new Corvette: "I think (it) will be one of the beautiful cars ever made."The 2012 Corvette is pictured above.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV