Ford F-150 Concept
The story here is that the Dodge Ram is a great new truck that is winning multiple truck-of-the-year awards and the auto industry is obsessed with the introduction of the new GM (GM) Chevrolet Silverado truck, to the point of carefully counting, at the end of each of the past six months, GM's inventory of current model Silverados. If you are Ford, you no doubt are a little upset that your truck seems to be getting the cold shoulder. It has been the best-selling vehicle in the U.S. for the past three decades and it leads the next closest vehicle, the Silverado, by 35%, or about 200,000 vehicles, which basically is enough units to satisfy a small automaker with one or two successful vehicles.
So with the eyes of the automotive world on the Detroit Auto Show, it's time for Ford to make some noise.
Our only question is why did GM introduce the new Silverado in mid-December, rather than waiting a month for the auto show?For the moment, our picture shows a 2012 F-150. Check back next week to see a picture of the 2015 concept truck.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV