2. PIMCO UNCONSTRAINED BOND (PUBAX)This fund is in Morningstar's nontraditional bond category and employs a complex strategy using derivatives, such as swaps and futures, to help offset rate risks and reduce volatility. The approach produces a low average duration that's often slightly negative, known as a "short" position. The fund's duration was recently negative 0.4 years, providing ample protection against higher rates.
Bond Investors: Heed Warnings About Rise In Rates
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.