First Trust Active Dividend Income Fund (the "Fund") (NYSE: FAV) has declared its regularly scheduled quarterly distribution payable on January 31, 2013 to shareholders of record as of January 24, 2013. The ex-dividend date is expected to be January 22, 2013. The quarterly distribution information for the Fund appears below.
|First Trust Active Dividend Income Fund (FAV):|
|Distribution per share:||$0.18|
|Distribution Rate based on the January 9, 2013 NAV of $8.79:||8.19%|
|Distribution Rate based on the January 9, 2013 closing market price of $7.95:||9.06%|
The majority, and possibly all, of this distribution will be paid out of net investment income earned by the Fund. A portion of this distribution may come from net short-term realized capital gains or return of capital. The final determination of the source and tax status of all 2013 distributions will be made after the end of 2013.
The Fund is a diversified, closed-end management investment company that seeks to provide a high level of current income. As a secondary objective, the Fund seeks to provide capital appreciation. The Fund pursues these investment objectives by investing at least 80% of its Managed Assets in a diversified portfolio of dividend-paying multi-cap equity securities of both U.S. and non-U.S. issuers that the Fund’s investment sub-advisor believes offer the potential for attractive income and/or capital appreciation. Additionally, the Fund writes call options on stock indices and single stocks “at-the-money” or “out-of-the-money” on up to 50% of the fund’s portfolio value. Individual call options are written on stocks held by the Fund.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV