RICHMOND, Va., Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Thomas F. Farrell II, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Dominion (NYSE: D), has received the Distinguished Leadership Award from the Edison Electric Institute (EEI), an association of shareholder-owned electric companies representing about 70 percent of the U.S. electric power sector.
The award, which recognizes an electric utility chief executive's exemplary achievements, was presented during EEI's January Board of Directors meeting in Phoenix, Ariz. Farrell served as the chairman of the association from 2011-12.
"During his tenure at Dominion, Tom Farrell has been a consensus-builder within the electric power industry," EEI President Thomas R. Kuhn said. "His leadership has helped EEI become a more effective and powerful organization."
Farrell is one of five industry chief executives ever to have received the award.About Dominion :Dominion is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 27,400 megawatts of generation, 11,000 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline and 6,300 miles of electric transmission lines. Dominion operates one of the nation's largest natural gas storage systems with 947 billion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves retail energy customers in 15 states. For more information about Dominion, visit the company's website at www.dom.com. About EEI :The Edison Electric Institute is the association of U.S. shareholder-owned electric companies. Our members serve 95 percent of the ultimate customers in the shareholder-owned segment of the industry, and represent approximately 70 percent of the U.S. electric power industry. It has more than 65 International electric companies as affiliate members, and more than 170 industry suppliers and related organizations as associate members. SOURCE Dominion
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV