Covidien (NYSE: COV), a leading global provider of healthcare products, today announced that it has completed the previously announced acquisition of CV Ingenuity. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
CV Ingenuity’s core technology, still in the investigational phase, is a Drug Coated Balloon (DCB) platform with a novel, proprietary, tunable, rapid-release system.
“We are pleased to add both the talented team members at CV Ingenuity as well as their promising DCB technology to our growing portfolio of vascular products,” said Stacy Enxing Seng, President, Vascular Therapies, Covidien. “We are committed to being the clear first choice for our physician and hospital partners by delivering technology to improve patient outcomes.”
Covidien will report the CV Ingenuity business as part of its Vascular product line in the Medical Devices segment.About Covidien Covidien is a leading global healthcare products company that creates innovative medical solutions for better patient outcomes and delivers value through clinical leadership and excellence. Covidien manufactures, distributes and services a diverse range of industry-leading product lines in three segments: Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Supplies. With 2012 revenue of $11.9 billion, Covidien has 43,000 employees worldwide in 70 countries, and its products are sold in over 140 countries. Please visit www.covidien.com to learn more about our business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV