BETHESDA, Md., Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Now Marriott offers a choice of flexible work and meeting space easy to find and simple to reserve, just like a hotel room. Workspace on Demand ( workspaceondemand.marriott.com) is a new service being tested among hotels primarily in the Washington, DC and San Francisco areas. People can book small meeting space, as well as lobby seating areas and communal tables to work, meet, connect and collaborate.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20090217/MARRIOTTINTLLOGO )Watch Video: Marriott's Workspace on Demand powered by LiquidSpace The way people work today is changing, whether it is entrepreneurs and independent consultants or mobile employees at large corporations. According to research firm IDC, the number of mobile workers – those without a fixed office space – will increase to nearly 1.2 billion globally this year. Many companies are at the forefront of this trend, reducing office space and associated costs by encouraging their employees to find flexible work spaces. Workplace flexibility has introduced a new philosophy for managers and benefits for employees by focusing on results, as opposed to time spent in the office.
"Whether you work from home and need a place to meet a client in the neighborhood or you want a flexible space to meet and collaborate with company colleagues, we want to welcome you into our hotels and Greatroom lobbies," said Paul Cahill, senior vice president, Brand Management, Marriott Hotels & Resorts. "Younger workers are changing the work dynamic. They are mobile and global, living lives untethered to the traditional work environment, and we are evolving with them."
Workspace on Demand is a collaboration between Marriott and LiquidSpace, a mobile/web app connecting people in search of flexible workspaces with venues providing workspaces.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV