New Year Brings New Content, Entertainment And Innovative Programs For Macworld/iWorld 2013
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Macworld/iWorld 2013 (Twitter: @MacworldExpo; Event hashtag: #iFan13), the Ultimate iFan Event, kicks off in just three weeks and IDG World Expo today announced additional new content and highlights that complement an already full agenda of education, innovation and experiential elements. These include: the Apple Distinguished Educator Showcase, additional Tech Talks, Digital Art Gallery, iPad Sketch Station, China Innovation Forum, finalists for the Indie Innovation contest and Macworld LIVE. Macworld/iWorld will take place January 31-February 2, 2013, at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. Register now!
New content and highlights include:
Distinguished Educator ShowcaseThe extraordinary community of Apple Distinguished Educators will come together to give attendees the opportunity to hear from inspiring teachers and administrators about how they are transforming the classroom through the use of Apple technologies. The event, produced by Computer-Using-Educators (CUE), will take place Saturday, February 2, and include sessions such as: The Future of Learning: Tech That! Extending Student's Digital Environment into the Classroom, Accessing Abilities, and Closing the Loop, Transformation Solutions with EdTech Vision, Professional Development and the Apple Ecosystem. Check out the full schedule here.Additional Tech TalksThe Macworld/iWorld 2013 agenda boasts more than 60 new educational sessions, interactive panel discussions, practical "how-to" presentations and "tips and tricks" learning opportunities open to all iFan Pass attendees. Several new Talks covering a wide range of issues and questions were recently added, including:
- " iPhoneography - Meet the Mobile Masters ," taking place on the Main Stage, is a rapid fire session during which attendees will hear the condensed essence of what makes iPhoneography unique and why it's bending photography in a dramatic new direction. The viewpoints will be from a diverse, experienced group of leading iPhoneographers—including Jack Hollingsworth, Russell Brown, Richard Gray, Karen Divine, Dan Marcolina, Glyn Evans, Knox Bronson and Jessica Zollman—and will frame the movement where it is today and where it is headed in 2013 and beyond.
- " Tech vs. Wild: Surviving Your Next Campout (and Other Natural Disasters) with High Tech Gear," with Chuck La Tournous of RandomMaccess who will take attendees through a fun, fast-paced look at the gadgets that can turn you into a cross between Bear Grylls and MacGyver.
- " iCloud, App Stores and other Things to Fear: Has Apple Forgotten Power Users?" Lex Friedman of Macworld headlines a panel of experts who will explore whether Apple is phasing out its support for power users. The panelists will discuss these serious issues facing Mac users today, and attempt to decide whether we should worry about our future as power users on the Mac.
- "Art Goes Digital," a special session with Alan Oppenheimer of Art Authority who will review some of the major developments in the digital art revolution and seek to answer questions such as: are we moving towards an iTunes of art? And what issues will we encounter along the way?
- "Software, Hardware and Flying to Mars. How We Built, Programmed and Operate NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover," with Ben Cichy, James Kurien and David Oh of the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, who will share their first-hand stories about how they built and operate the Mars Curiosity Rover.
- "Getting Cozy with Siri" with Joe Kissell of TidBITS will demonstrate many of Siri's clever and less-than obvious effort-saving capabilities, and show attendees how to make the most of this impressive technology. Joe will also talk to some of Siri's competitors and demonstrate a few ways in which they go beyond Siri's current capabilities.
- "Future Tech: Amazing Student Tech Projects," with Bill Wiecking of Hawaii Prep Academy who will talk about how a select group of international students is creating the future of tech with OSX and iOS.
- "iPad Integration for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)," a special session with Mark Mautone of the Hoboken School District who will provide a comprehensive insight into how the iPad is used to educate individuals with ASD's.
- "Troubleshooting iCloud" with Tom Negrino of Backup Brain, who will demonstrate how to tame iCloud on your Mac and iOS devices. Learn tips and tricks about Documents in the Cloud, synchronizing data across all devices, working with iTunes Match and troubleshooting sharing media.
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/MacworldExpo
- Event hashtag: #iFan13
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MacworldiWorld
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Macworld-Conference-Expo-1636267?home=&gid=1636267&trk=anet_ug_hm.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV