Consumer Watchdog Praises California AG's Mobile Apps Guidelines; Urges Recommendations Be Enacted Into Law To Fully Protect Consumers' Privacy
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Consumer Watchdog praised Attorney General Kamala D. Harris for releasing guidelines to protect privacy in the mobile ecosystem and said the key recommendations in her Privacy on the Go report released today should be enacted into law to fully protect consumers.
"This is an important step towards taming the Wild West in the mobile world," said John M. Simpson, Privacy Project Director for the nonpartisan, nonprofit public interest group. "Significant as it is, however, the key guidelines must be enacted into law with strong enforcement provisions. I call on the Legislature to follow Harris' lead and tackle the issue this term."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV