Three Cities Among Top-Ten European Travel Spots Offered By CIE Tours
MORRISTOWN, N.J., Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Three United Kingdom cities – Glasgow, Belfast, and Liverpool – have been named among the top-ten trendy spots to set down your suitcase in Europe this year. TripAdvisor.com, the online travel site, surveyed users' opinions and reviews in order to compile their hot list of the up-and-coming, the unexpected, and the freshly updated among some lesser-known but still sparkling cities.
All three of these cities have upgraded their attractiveness to travelers, and all have something unique to offer. Good luck for potential travelers, too: All three are amply covered in a wide range of tour offerings from CIE Tours International, the premier packager for vacations in Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales. "We're especially proud to say that we've known all along how special these cities are," says CIE Tours president Brian W. Stack. "Our tours give visitors the very best of Liverpool, Glasgow and Belfast." Take a CIE Tours' trip that includes one or two of these cities, and you'll understand their winning ways.
What you'll see there:
- Liverpool . This Northern English birthplace of the Beatles always pleases. On a CIE Tours' vacation, you'll see the Fab Four's favorite hangouts and special spots in the company of a knowledgeable local guide and also visit The Beatles Story, an attraction covering every aspect of their music. Liverpool was also a major shipping port in the Industrial Age and you can experience its fascinating maritime history at the mouth of the famed Mersey River. Desirable for its location convenient to Wales, Liverpool doesn't disappoint with hip, beautiful downtown hotels and museums.
- Glasgow . A pedestrian-friendly city, Glasgow is an easy trip from its better-known Scottish sibling, Edinburgh. On a CIE Tour, you'll hit the highlights, from the shopping and restaurant mecca of Sauciehall Street to the fascinating newly-designed Riverside Museum of Transport and Travel, where you will marvel at all things with wheels and engines. Pollack Country Park – woodlands and gardens that once were part of a private estate – is a breath of fresh air and a quiet sanctuary within the city's limits.
- Belfast : In this Northern Ireland city, CIE Tours includes a trip to the amazing Titanic Belfast. This futuristic tourist attraction, which echoes the doomed White Star liner's four hulls, is located on the same docks where Titanic itself was built. From Belfast, many CIE Tours include a tour of the glorious Antrim coast, where you'll witness the natural wonder of the Giant's Causeway, hexagonal columns of layered basalt stone, which formed from a volcanic eruption 60 million years ago; and the nine Glens of Antrim, lush, green places that delight the senses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV