Q4 earnings season has begun, do you have a watch list prepared?
For a starting point, we ran a screen on next week’s reporting companies for those with high dividend yields and high profitability, beating their industry peers on trailing twelve month (TTM) gross, operating, and pretax margins.
Profitability DetailsTo analyze profitability, we compared the companies’ gross, operating, and profit margins with their industry averages to find those more profitable than their industry peers. TTM Gross margin: This metric that tells us the percentage of a company’s revenue is left after paying all production expenses. Costs include overhead, payroll and taxation. ((revenues – cost of goods sold) / Revenue ) *100 = Gross margin % TTM Operating margin: This tells us the percentage remaining after all operating expenses are paid. Operating expenses include: supplies, repairs, research and development, and depreciation. (Operating Income / Net Operating Revenue) *100 = Operating Margin % TTM Pretax margin: A company’s earnings before taxes. This incorporates all of the expenses associated with business excluding taxes. It can help to determine the overall operating efficiency of the firm. The higher the pretax margin, the more profitable the company. (Net profit before taxes / net sales) *100 = Pretax Margin
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer’s Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he’s trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.Business Section: Investing Ideas The following list of stocks meet all of these criteria: - Dividend yield between 3-7% (high yield)
- More profitable than their industry average In addition, - Market cap over $50 million
- Share price above $1
- Reporting earnings next week How do you think these stocks will fare next week in their earnings announcements? Analyze These Ideas: Access a performance overview for all stocks in the list Interactive Chart: Press play to see how the dividend yields have changed for these three companies over the past two years.
1. CVB Financial Corp. (CVBF): Operates as a bank holding company for Citizens Business Bank that provides various retail banking and financial services to small to mid-sized businesses, high net-worth individuals, and professionals in the United States. Market cap at $1.16B, most recent closing price at $11.08. Dividend yield at 3.07%. Earnings date 01/16/13.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV