Governor Corbett Signs Execution Warrants For Orlando Maisonet, Abraham Sanchez Jr. And Freeman May
Based on the similarities of the cases, including the weapon and the remote Lebanon County location, police focused their investigation on May. In 1990, May was arrested and charged with killing Fair.
During his trial, both May's brother and wife testified that he had confessed to each of them separately that he had murdered a girl by stabbing her and burying her body with brush in the woods. A jail house informant also testified that May admitted to him that he "did it.''
May was convicted in Lebanon County Court and sentenced to death in March 1991. The sentence was reversed by an appeals court, but after a second penalty phase hearing, May was again sentenced to death in December 1995. Once again, an appeals court vacated the sentence, and yet again, after a third penalty phase, May was sentenced to death in October 2008.
May, now 55, is scheduled to be executed on March 5.Executions in Pennsylvania are carried out by lethal injection. With these three warrants, signed Wednesday, Corbett has now signed 24 execution warrants. For more information about the death penalty process in Pennsylvania, visit the Department of Corrections website at www.cor.state.pa.us Media contact: Janet Kelley, Governor's Office, 717-783-1116 Susan McNaughton, Dept. of Corrections, 717-728-4025 SOURCE Pennsylvania Office of the Governor
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV