“Water is a resource for which there is no substitute. Without adequate supplies of water, not only do businesses face serious risks, but also do public water providers and ecosystems. In partnering with IUCN, CEMEX is working to achieve improved water management across its operations, maintain access to sustainable sources of water, and reduce risks associated with water for the company,” said Dr. James Dalton, IUCN Water Program Coordinator, Global Initiatives.
The CEMEX-IUCN “Water Project” was presented to members of the European Commission in Brussels, Belgium, on December 12, 2012. During the one-day conference, CEMEX and IUCN shared lessons learned and ways forward towards improved sustainability of water resources.
The event was hosted by the Spanish Permanent Representation to the European Union, numerous members of the European Commission, key environmental NGOs, trade associations, environmental think tanks, ambassadors from several nations, and other important stakeholders. Key participants included Dr. Mark Smith, Director, IUCN Global Water Program, Dr. James Dalton, Coordinator Global Water Initiatives, IUCN Global Water Program, and Benedikt Jodocy, VP Legal & Sustainability, CEMEX Germany.
About CEMEXCEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high-quality products and reliable services to customers and communities in more than 50 countries. CEMEX has a rich history of improving the well-being of those it serves through innovative building solutions, efficiency advancements and efforts to promote a sustainable future. For more information, please visit: www.cemex.com
|Follow us on:|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV