CALGARY, Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - The first CN (TSX: CNR) (NYSE: CNI) trains to serve the state-of-the-art intermodal terminal for containerized goods at the company's new Calgary Logistics Park arrived today.
Jean-Jacques Ruest, CN executive vice-president and chief marketing officer, said: "The opening of this intermodal terminal launches our logistics park operation, which will provide seamless transportation solutions to rail customers moving products and commodities into and out of Calgary -- one of the fastest growing regional markets in North America.
"CN's C$200-million logistics park is strategically located between the ports of Prince Rupert and Vancouver and major cities across Canada and mid-America. The park's intermodal terminal, along with very competitive ocean and rail transportation times, will provide Alberta businesses ample capacity for consumer goods and industrial materials and effective export routes for forest products, plastics and agri-products."
Click on http://www.cn.ca/documents/About-CN/map-cn-calgary-logistics-park-en.pdf for a map showing the location of the 680-acre Calgary Logistics Park in Conrich, Alta., located in Rocky View County.The new facility, with ready access to Stoney Trail, the Trans Canada Highway and other major roadways, is situated on Twp Road 250/McKnight Boulevard and is 10 kilometres from Calgary International Airport. The new intermodal terminal, relocated from CN's Sarcee Yard in southeast Calgary, has:
- 30 per cent more capacity than CN's existing Calgary intermodal terminal and space for further expansion;
- Four automated in-gates and three automated out-gates to keep truck turnaround times in the terminal to below 45 minutes;
- A container yard for convenient storing of international containers;
- Specialized equipment for temperature-controlled products, allowing CN to expand its existing reefer volumes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV