USA Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: USAT), (“USAT”), a leader of wireless, cashless payment and M2M (machine-to-machine) telemetry solutions for small-ticket, self-serve retailing industries, is demonstrating the next phase of its new mobile-based loyalty and couponing services at 2013 International CES, January 8-11, in Las Vegas in the Verizon Main Booth.
The CES demonstration features USAT’s mobile app for coupon and loyalty services. The mobile app is designed for owners and operators of self-service terminals like vending machines and features contextual applications (which provide a customized rewards experience based on the location of the consumer and what they have purchased in the past), including machine coupon redemption and the ability to push information and advertisements to consumers. This machine-to-physical application creates a link to consumers, enabling them to interact with machines for the purpose of impacting and informing purchasing decisions. New features to be demonstrated since the CTIA show in October 2012 include the ability to “gift” points to other program participants and an improved, streamlined on boarding process.
USAT’s loyalty and couponing services to be demonstrated will include:
- The mobile application enables consumers to receive product and brand information, manage and redeem loyalty points for coupons and cash to use at participating unattended and traditional retail locations;
- Consumers can make a purchase at an ePort®-enabled machine utilizing their preferred cashless payment method and receive a coupon via email;
- Consumers using the mobile app can search for participating retailers or “locations” based on where the consumer is in real time, and verify that their favorite item is in stock at the machine in their area;
- Consumers using the mobile app can redeem coupons at unattended terminals using their NFC phones with digital wallet, credit card or debit cards, or a prepaid account; and,
- Consumers can use their points to send “gifts” to other participants, making the application interactive and social, encouraging greater usage.
Maeve McKenna Duska, vice president of marketing for USA Technologies, commented, “While the small-ticket, unattended retail market is still at the early stages of transitioning to cashless payment, the new revenue opportunities that we believe will emerge from mobile-based consumer engagement applications highlights the need for many operators to consider making that transition to cashless now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts