Pablo Farias, vice president at the Ford Foundation said, " Detroit Future City is another example of the incredible momentum, energy and innovation emerging from Detroit. This marks an exciting step forward for the city and we are very optimistic about what we can continue to accomplish by working together. We believe that engaging community voices is essential to the success of any effort like this one, and are pleased to support neighborhood outreach to ensure that the ideas and concerns of residents are shaping and strengthening this work."Ali Webb, State Director For Michigan Programming from The W.K. Kellogg Foundation added, "We support the Detroit Future City framework, not only because it aligns with our goal of making a difference in the lives of Detroit's vulnerable children and their families, but also because it is informed by the community's voice, opening innovative pathways to action."
- Visit www.DetroitLongTerm.com to download the strategic framework;
- Stop by your neighborhood Detroit Public Library to review a copy;
- Call the Detroit Future City hotline toll free at 800-234-7184;
- Invite a Detroit Future City representative to your meeting;
- Take part in one of the Open Houses scheduled for January 15, 22, and 29 from 2 to 7 p.m. at Detroit Future City Homebase located at 2929 Russell Street, or
- Drop by the Homebase between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday to view a new Detroit Future City exhibition.