Strategy For Detroit's Future Offers Path Forward
Pablo Farias, vice president at the Ford Foundation said, " Detroit Future City is another example of the incredible momentum, energy and innovation emerging from Detroit. This marks an exciting step forward for the city and we are very optimistic about what we can continue to accomplish by working together. We believe that engaging community voices is essential to the success of any effort like this one, and are pleased to support neighborhood outreach to ensure that the ideas and concerns of residents are shaping and strengthening this work."
Ali Webb, State Director For Michigan Programming from The W.K. Kellogg Foundation added, "We support the Detroit Future City framework, not only because it aligns with our goal of making a difference in the lives of Detroit's vulnerable children and their families, but also because it is informed by the community's voice, opening innovative pathways to action."
Access the Strategic FrameworkThe Strategic Framework is an extensive body of work.
"It's going to take time for people to familiarize themselves with it," said Heaster Wheeler, a Steering Committee member with the project. "In addition to meetings being scheduled with Detroit stakeholders groups such as business and faith-based, we have developed several ways for everyone to access it so they can become more familiar with its contents."Some of the ways include
- Visit www.DetroitLongTerm.com to download the strategic framework;
- Stop by your neighborhood Detroit Public Library to review a copy;
- Call the Detroit Future City hotline toll free at 800-234-7184;
- Invite a Detroit Future City representative to your meeting;
- Take part in one of the Open Houses scheduled for January 15, 22, and 29 from 2 to 7 p.m. at Detroit Future City Homebase located at 2929 Russell Street, or
- Drop by the Homebase between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday to view a new Detroit Future City exhibition.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV