DALLAS, Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) today began offering for sale new nonstop service between Chicago (Midway) and both Montego Bay, Jamaica, and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
The flights available for sale now at airtran.com will begin this spring, subject to governmental approvals, and will be operated by Southwest's wholly owned subsidiary AirTran Airways.
"These new international markets make sense for our Chicagoland Customers as we approach connecting the Southwest and AirTran route networks in the coming months," said Bob Jordan, Southwest Airlines' Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer and AirTran Airways President. "AirTran and Southwest serve more than sixty destinations nonstop from Chicago and these additions open up new international options for those Customers."
AirTran Airways nonstop flights between Chicago (Midway) and Montego Bay*:
- Begin Sunday, April 14
- Will operate on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays, and Sundays
- Begin Sunday, May 19
- Will operate on Mondays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV