Saab Automobile Parts North America Launches Saab Secure Program For Recent Saab Owners
The Saab Secure program launch marks the culmination of a busy startup period for SPNA. In the spring of 2012, Saab Automobile Parts AB in Sweden established SPNA as its North American subsidiary. In early June 2012, SPNA purchased the remaining parts inventory from the Saab Cars bankruptcy estate and began operations in North America. Since then, SPNA has:
- Established a network of 179 Official Service Centers in the US and Canada.
- Returned availability of Saab parts back to the high levels that existed prior to the Saab Automobile AB bankruptcy.
- Entered into an agreement with General Motors to administer warranty services on 2009 and prior model years, providing a seamless warranty experience for those Saab owners.
- Launched the Saab Secure program to support owners of 2010 and 2011 Saab models.
- Launched a North America Technical Assistance Center to provide technical help for Saab Service Centers in providing high quality repairs for Saab owners.
- Launched a North America Customer Assistance Center on January 7, 2013 to support all Saab customers in North America needing assistance with inquiries about parts, accessories, service and technical support.
- Launched a new SPNA website, Saab.com and Facebook page www.facebook.com/Saab to share up to date information about the company, service facilities and current promotions.
"The company has been working hard to build an infrastructure for the future. It's great that we are now able to launch these new programs, providing added support to Saab owners and the Saab service network. We want to keep Saab cars and owners on the road well into the future," Colbeck concluded.
About Saab Automobile Parts North AmericaSaab Automobile Parts North America was founded to ensure Saab owners in North America are supported with Genuine Parts, Accessories, Technical Support and Repair Service for years to come. SPNA is a DBA for North America Distribution Services, a new company, separate and independent from the Saab Automobile companies that entered bankruptcy in 2011 and 2012.
The company is headquartered in suburban Detroit, Michigan; and operates a 153,000 square foot parts warehouse in Allentown, Pennsylvania. There are approximately 40 employees and contractors in the company.Ownership SPNA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Saab Automobile Parts AB, a global spare parts and logistics company, headquartered in Sweden. Saab Automobile Parts AB in Sweden was part of the Saab Cars family of companies. However, unlike Saab Automobile AB, Saab Automobile Parts AB did not enter bankruptcy. The company's shares are now fully owned by the Swedish government, who recently formalized their ownership interest. The company has been placed with the Ministry of Finance which currently runs about 36 companies out of the 55 companies wholly or partly owned by the Swedish government. The government has stated their intention is to be a stable owner and develop the company further. Network SPNA currently has 179 Official Service Centers throughout North America, many of whom are former Saab dealers. The network continues to expand as the company identifies areas where Saab owners could use more support. A full listing of Saab Official Service and Parts Centers is available on Saab.com. Products and Services SPNA is the exclusive authorized distributor to the North American market of the full line of Genuine Saab Parts and Accessories. In addition, they are the exclusive provider of Genuine Saab Service through its network of Saab Official Service and Parts Centers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV