With an estimated 600,000 to 800,000 people expected to attend the 2013 Presidential Inauguration, Sprint (NYSE:S) is well prepared to help ensure customers and public safety officials in Washington, D.C. can seamlessly use their smartphones, tablets and hotspot devices to talk, text, email, and post memorable moments to their favorite social media channels.
Sprint has been aggressively preparing for the inauguration since April 2012 – boosting wireless voice capacity by 25 percent and increasing data capacity by 37 percent for numerous cell sites around the National Mall and downtown Washington, D.C.
Other Sprint preparations include:
- Deploying three Cell Sites on Wheels (COWs) at key locations near and around the National Mall – including the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum and the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History – to further enhance the wireless experience of inauguration attendees.
- Installing in-building repeaters at the Capital Hilton hotel, the Washington Marriott Wardman Park hotel, and The Mayflower Renaissance Washington DC Hotel to boost wireless coverage throughout these locations for hotel guests and the venues’ numerous inauguration events.
Between the last inauguration in 2009 and the end of 2011, Sprint has invested approximately $300 million to further improve the wireless voice and data experience for customers in the Washington, D.C. market. In 2012, Sprint began investing significantly in the deployment of Network Vision – Sprint’s program to deploy an all-new 3G and 4G LTE network. That investment will ramp up even more in Washington, D.C. in 2013, as Network Vision is scheduled to launch in the area in the coming months. Some cell sites in the Washington, D.C. metro area have already been upgraded with Sprint’s new 3G and 4G LTE capabilities, and Sprint will continue to fill in the market’s overall Network Vision footprint during the coming months.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts